[TowerTalk] trying to ID an antenna design I saw but didn't bookmark

jim feldman mtnredhed at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 11:06:36 PDT 2010

Please bear with me on this one.  I saw an antenna design about 6 months
ago, but didn't bookmark it because I was searching for something else.
Hopefully I can describe it well enough that someone will be able to id it
for me.

The design was based on a single mast, maybe 35ft high.  Think inverted V,
but with the ends pulled in near the mast so that the profile almost
resembles an outline of a Christmas Tree.  I believe that there were two
V's, 90 degrees from each other, so that they followed the 4 guy ropes
down.  They were fed at the bottom with a balun(s), and I believe they had
some resistive element in the loop.  Given the height, I suspect the design
was for NVIS and that's my intended use.  I think one was tuned for 75 and
the other for 40 but that's an assumption on my part.

I realize this isn't very "tower" oriented, but I'm betting on the antenna
guru's having seen this.

Thanks for your patience
jim
w6jmf