[TowerTalk] Climbing Belt

Tom Anderson andersonww5l at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 17 08:58:52 PDT 2010

Mac:

I used to use a Klein (they make all kinds of safety equipment) climbing belt that my XYL bought me years ago.  It was actually a "tree climbers" belt which mean it had a wide leather webbing piece around the waist and a second piece that went underneath your posterior, where the legs meet the pelvis.  This belt design allowed the lower piece to take some of the strain off of your back when you were working a long time on top of the tower.  I also had a large wrap around the tower belt with big hooks to secure me to the tower.  I only used it on my 40 ft of Rohn 25.

Now I have a TriEx 50 ft crank up and just rent a scissors man lift for the weekend to do tower work.  XYL won't let me climb any more hi hi.  At 63 she says I'm too old and too big................

Tom, WW5L