[TowerTalk] free climbing a 1700`tower

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Sat Sep 18 09:56:24 PDT 2010

While I agree that being in good physical shape helps reduce (but
doesn't prevent) mistakes from being tired, it doesn't do anything to
minimize mistakes from being distracted or being affected by forces
beyond your control ... strong wind gust, metal failure, mistake by
someone else, being surprised by bees or a bird .... the list is
endless.   I've driven a car for 45 years, have never been in an
accident, and have reflexes better than most 20 year olds ...  but I
still wear a seat belt.   Whether or not you are an idiot may be
indeterminate, but the statement that anyone who won't free climb
shouldn't climb anymore at all is categorically idiotic.

Dave   AB7E