[TowerTalk] Climbing

D Calder towertalk at n4zkf.com
Tue Sep 21 04:34:14 PDT 2010

> But I find I don't trust the opinions of any hams. Like I can't imagine a
conversation about the side loading of pelican hooks and new standards with
a ham. Or the benefits of a webbing wrap for a tie off, as opposed >to a
metal hook. Or how a bad clip can cause a torquing action that opens the
gate on a biner/hook.

Then you have no idea how many hams are in the telecom field and are
professionals at what they do. I recognize some on this group I work with.
First we don't work on lbs., it's kilonewtons like is on the side of what
you talk about. We use triple self-locking, not nose-hooked because it can
fail at less
than 10% of its rated closed gate strength which is less than 2 kN.

If you care to go on, we can do it off this thread as it's been beaten to
death.

73 Dave n4zkf

-kevin
ad6z