[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: How to support a large loop?

hanslg at aol.com hanslg at aol.com
Tue Sep 21 19:15:21 PDT 2010

 Somehow I am not really comfortable with having a power supply connected to my antenna winter through. There need to be a balance between melting the ice and not melting the wire. I am not sure I will be able to do that. Anyone with experience how much power is needed. 0.1W/foot - 100W/foot? As the antenna is about 100 - 500 feet long it may require a lot of power = $$

Hans - N2JFS