[TowerTalk] Groundhog Hates RG-58

Larry K4AB larry.k4ab at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 11:42:22 PDT 2010

Now I know how Bill Murray felt in Caddyshack.

It seems I have a groundhog that lives near my barn who hates the RG-58
I use to feed my NE Beverage.  Bear in mind, I've got perhaps 1000's of feet
of all types of coax laying on the ground around my property, but this
critter
only nibbles on the feedline to the NE Beverage.  It's amazing!  And the
cuts
he makes are CLEAN!  Almost as if the little creature has a pair of wire
cutters.

Just yesterday I repaired one of his "cuts", and this morning, I noticed the
vermin had bit it in two, AGAIN, and no less a quarter-inch from the spot I
spliced!

Well, now, I've suspended his favorite coax 2 feet off the ground, but I'm
concerned that he'll start chomping away at some other feedline.

Has anyone else had problems with groundhogs and coax?

Its starting to get personal with the little bugger and me, and I'm about to
resort to Bill Murray measures and bring out the rifle, or hand
grenade...etc.

73,
Larry K4AB