[TowerTalk] Tower Permitting

N7mal n7mal at citlink.net
Sat Sep 25 09:24:03 PDT 2010

First regarding Mr. Lamb's political implications: I live in Bullhead City,
Arizona which is 99.9% Republican(except, of course, for me). Our city govt
is owned/operated by Republicans. Below is an article from our local paper 2
days ago. So you see it doesn't matter who is in charge they get in their
own way(a 300 foot safety zone). The obvious solution to the problem, below,
is to remote the radio to one of our many, many, hill tops.

Another item on tonight’s agenda involves the possible
amending of a city code regarding towers and antennas used exclusively for
emergency services. The Bullhead City Fire District wants to replace a
40-foot communications tower with a 100-foot tower at Station 6, 2025
Clearwater Drive. The tower also would be used by the police department.

Fire officials maintain the existing tower doesn’t provide adequate
coverage.
The proposed 100 foot tower doesn’t meet the setback or land use separation
requirements established by city code. A 75-foot setback is required from
all adjoining property lines, but the tower will be approximately 50 feet
from two of the property lines. The code stipulates the tower be located at
least 300 feet from any lots used for single family residential purposes.
The tower does not comply because of the proximity of single family units.

Proposed changes from Development Services Director Janice Paul and staff
include adding a new subsection to city code stating that certain provisions
will not apply to towers used exclusively for emergency service
communication such as tower height, setback, land use separation, tower
separation, and conditional use permit requirements.

MAL
N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.n7mal.com