[TowerTalk] Schedule 40 pipe

Roger roger at rogerhalstead.com
Mon Sep 27 15:51:53 PDT 2010

On 9/27/2010 4:47 PM, Mike Keener wrote:
> All,
> My Wetstamp for a Rohn 25G calls for # pieces Schedule 40 pipe W/6" OD at 11.5', I had requested these measurements because I have Grandchildren
> in the back yard, so I need the guys above the deck.
>   I am having a problem finding the above pipe in the san diego area.

Have you checked with the metal supply houses.  I think they are
referring to structural steel and mot water pipe.  Structural steel tube
comes in both schedule 40 and 80 just like water pipe, but the alloy is
different, much stronger and more flexible.

> Is there any one out there who may have a good POC for 3 used pieces in this area.

My local metal supply places keep it in stock along with Aluminum tube
so I'd think the commercial suppliers out there would also have it. OTOH
they may not want to bother with just 3 pieces about 16' long.

73

Roger (K8RI)