[TowerTalk] Remote Fed Doublet?

Tom Osborne w7why at frontier.com
Tue Sep 28 13:35:43 PDT 2010

Hi Tony

How are you going to use this antenna?  All band??  Single band??

If using it for all band, easiest thing would be to feed it with twin lead
to the tuner.  73
Tom W7WHY

  All,

I have a 38 foot fiberglass push-up pole which I'd like to use to
support a Doublet antenna. The perfect location for the mast is some 15
feet away from the shack.

The existing coax feeds that go to my tower run outside the house from
the bottom floor and the shack is on the second floor; I would have to
feed the Doublet the same way.

The question is, would it be possible to run 25 feet (or so) of coax
using a remote balun without compromising the effectiveness of the
antenna too much or running into tuning problems?

Thanks,

Tony