[TowerTalk] Tower Upgrade

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 30 07:33:49 PDT 2010

tshepom.mmolotsi at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a 20m tower that is due to strengthening to accomodate new antenna loading. We strengthening the existing foundation by placing concrete block on top of the existing one. My problem is with grouting of the legs to 14m, hw can I acheive this?

I'm confused by the 20 meters and 14 meters..

So, you have a 20m tower now that is sitting on a concrete foundation
block of some sort.

You want to add concrete to the *top* of the existing block?  (so the
distance from top of concrete to top of tower will become less?)

Are you trying to shorten the tower (from a bending standpoint), by
embedding the bottom 6 meters of the tower in concrete?

Seems there are easier ways to solve this problem.

Is the tower freestanding or guyed?