[TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotator Refurbish?

Michael Warren ka5rej at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 10 07:02:04 PDT 2011

I been a ham for more than 25 years; and I am approachIng retirement with time to return to CW enjoyment.
 I recently purchased a 80 ft freestanding tower with a Yaesu G-2800SDX Rotator which is still atop the tower and fully functional for the last 10 years.
 My question is what should I expect in terms of preparation and refurbishment of this particular Yaesu Rotator prior to re-erecting the tower.
Any thoughts, comments, or personal experiences to share?

Tnx cul 73

Michael Warren
ka5rej
Ravenna, Texas