[TowerTalk] Rotator mast mount

Mike Cizek W3MC mikew3mc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 04:49:35 PDT 2011

Hello Guy -

You don't want a mast mount for your rotor.  Use a couple pieces of
angle coming out from a corner of the tower and mount it directly on
them.  It's best to do it a a section joint using heavier horizontal
braces; G22, G23 G24 - and use a pair of G25s for your rotor mount.
Put another one at the next higher section joint, and mount your
thrust bearing there.  I can send you pictures if you like.  You will
get almost 300 degrees of rotation this way.

If you really want a lower mast mount for the Ham IV, I have a couple
sitting here I will gladley sell - but I don't recommend it for this.

73,

Mike W3MC