[TowerTalk] Tower ID & spider webs

Paul Playford paul at w8aef.com
Fri Apr 29 14:41:04 PDT 2011

The stand-off bracket are the same as on my Tristao TX-455.

I suspect yours is the 72' version.

The potential problem I see is the drive method.  The motor drives the worm
gear and that in turn drives the cable drum via a chain drive.

When the chain breaks (and they do) you used to have a good crank-up tower
and antennas.

Change the drive so the worm gear drives the cable drum directly, through a
universal joint, etc., and you have a good tower, complete with positive
pull down.

de Paul, W8AEF

ZF2JI/ZF2TA  FO8DX/FO8PLA  8Q7AA  XZ0A  VU7RG  TX5C