[TowerTalk] Metal roof

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Aug 5 11:44:11 PDT 2011

Without any direct experience, other than a trap vertical on a 20 x 40
metal roof made up of 4x8 metal sheets, I'd say a vertical would work
fine, but anything else nearby could be adversely affected.  I also
wonder, at least in theory, if you wouldn't risk imperfect electrical
connections between shingles becoming harmonic-generating diodes, in the
presence of a strong RF field.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com