[TowerTalk] Metal roof

Dan Schaaf dan-schaaf at att.net
Fri Aug 5 15:33:41 PDT 2011

Yes, Hustler BTV antennas were made for the space cadet who doesn't believe that radials are necessary for a properly efficient vertical antenna.
However, if an owner of a BTV goees to the DX Engineering website and downloads the document on how to install the BTV with radials, they will find that it is a good performer.
I used one for a couple years and compared A/B with my HyGain AV-640 and they performed almost the same. The AV-640 is a very good compact vertical. It has netted me a heck of a lot of DX.

Best Regards
Dan Schaaf
K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
NOBSKA www.nobska.net