[TowerTalk] Mosley Pro 67B

W5WTN at aol.com W5WTN at aol.com
Sat Aug 6 11:50:41 PDT 2011

Hello all, I am in the process of cleaning/rebuilding my Mosley 67B. My
problem is that the antenna is so old and the manual (just as old) is not
complete. I have a few questions and seeking suggestions on this antenna.
#1 The manual states that the phasing line tabs should be 9.5" from the
front driven element. They also stated that the brown paint on the phasing
line  tip should go to the FDE. Well, this antenna is so old there is no paint
on the  lines and no instructions as to which end of the phasing line bend
goes to the  FDE or BDE.
Also, a friend advised that the more recent 67B's has a pre-drilled phasing
 line instead of the tabs on mine.
Could anyone tell me which end of the line (short or long) goes to which
driven element. At 9.5" from the FDE, the SWR is fine on 10, 15, 20 - but is
bad  on the BDE 12, 17, & 40.  Any suggestions?
#2 Does anyone have a scanned copy of a recent manual, or just a scanned
page for the Code II element settings?
#3 Is anyone familiar with any modifications by Mosley or other hams?
#4 Has anyone converted the 40M elements to 30M? I had rather have 30M,
since I rarely use 40M.

I appreciate you taking time to read this and any suggestions or assistance
 you might offer.

Best 73's
Eddy  W5WTN/K5IPA