[TowerTalk] tower guying with Dyneema SK75

Dainius dainius2 at centras.lt
Mon Aug 8 02:29:01 PDT 2011

Hello

Could someone share information about a personal experience the using for tower guying Dyneema SK75 (or similar) ropes? I am interested about ropes resistance to UV and what is durabillity of these ropes...
I know it is popular Philystran ropes in USA, which are made from Kevlar (aramid fibres), not from SPECTRA /DYNEEMA (high tenacity polyethylene)... But anybody has used spectra/dynemaa ?I heard some rumours, that spectra/dyneema afraid of UV, but manufacturer declares "good UV radiation resistance" ...

Thanks

Dan
LY4OO