[TowerTalk] Two signals on the same frequency?

Jari Jussila jari.jussila at oh2bu.pp.fi
Sun Aug 14 09:24:59 PDT 2011

A hypothetical question:

I have two antennas for the same band. The antennas might be same kind
(eg. two dipoles, two yagis) or different (one dipole, one vertical).
I transmit with two separate transmitters - one to one antenna - but
modulate the transmitters simultaneousl*y *with same key or microphone.

How does my signal-strength change on the other side in comparison if I
used only one transmitter and one antenna? The antennas are not phased
to each other and they might be quite apart from each other.

I know that the advanced contest stations have one beam to eg. JA and
one to Europe etc.  But if they turned both antennas to JA, would the
signal-strength go up?

Jari, OH2BU