[TowerTalk] Terrain data for HFTA

David J. Sourdis - HK1A hk1kxa at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 19 20:47:54 PDT 2011

I would not trust Google-Earth elevation data.To add an example like Bimini, Bahamas: Check Malpelo Island, HK0TU, 400 km away from the colombian Pacific coast (4.0 N, 81.6 W) According to Google earth the island is submerged under the water surface a least 340 ft. In reality, this island has elevations over 1000 ft ASL.

David
HK1A
EC5KXA
AE5XQ