[TowerTalk] Terrain data for HFTA

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Sat Aug 20 04:53:04 PDT 2011

Sounds like someone's earth bulge corrections are amiss! This is the name
used due to the earth shape being slightly ellipsoid instead of a perfect
sphere.  The earth diameter is slightly greater at the equator than higher
or lower latitudes.

If this is the case, then it seems that the elevation of all  locations
near the HK area would be in error.

We have to account for earth bulge in our EME az/el  calculations so it is
a real effect; not just imagined.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 8/19/2011 10:48:12 P.M. Central Standard Time,