[TowerTalk] antenna location for hurricane

Gene Fuller w2lu at rochester.rr.com
Thu Aug 25 11:41:38 PDT 2011

Hi Craig -
Assume this hurricane is a massive low pressure system. Circulation in low
pressure systems are usually counterclockwise, and stronger as the pressure
gradient increases towards the center of the system. So just imagine a
counterwise circle. Where your are located around that circle. How close you
are to the "eye".  What is the predicted wind velocities (velocity includes
speed and direction) are and plan accordingly.
Good Luck !
Gene / W2LU