[TowerTalk] antenna location for hurricane

Alex Malyava alex.k2bb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 13:31:29 PDT 2011

What exactly do you mean under "Secure everything, including your rotor loop
or any wires that would whip
around..." ?

I dont have BIG antennas here. I have 30' of Rohn 25 on a concrete base
secured to the house at 18' level.
There is Yaesu 450 turning short mast with small (size of 15m beam) 2
element five-bander on it.
Here it is  - http://public.fotki.com/malyava/2010/30-mast/photo-10.html

The only thing I can think of is to go to the roof and loosen rotator clamp,
so the mast will rotate freely and would not break the rotator...

Is it bad idea?

Anything else I can do?

I hope for the best, but I dont believe that this antenna will survive 95
mph wind gusts...

Alex K2BB,
Northern Jersey