[TowerTalk] TH11 Modeling and Question abt 20 meter Director

Dennis W0JX w0jx at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 27 06:03:43 PDT 2011

Does anybody out there have an EZNEC or other model of the TH-11? I am curious as to why the 20 meter director is the second element from the boom front end which makes the total 20 meter spacing 22 feet instead of 24 like on the TH6. What would happen if the 10 meter/20 meter element was placed first and then the 17 meter/10 meter element second? I wonder if this is just a compromise for impedance matching on 20 and 17 since the 10 meter directors would essentially remain in place.

Theoretically, putting the 20 meter element out from should improve bandwidth and increase the gain slightly.

73, Dennis W0JX/8