[TowerTalk] State Farm Insurance Claims

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Mon Aug 29 15:41:43 PDT 2011

In a message dated 8/29/2011 3:02:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  I just received a call from a ham friend in  Md.  He has one banged up
stepper and broken rotordue to a fallen  tree...  Anyone out there have
success making a claim for antenna with  State Farm?  Any 'key' words to use when
making the claim?

The key words are to get an estimate from a real  tower company. Most
commercial ones won't be able to help you since they deal  in different and
bigger hardware.

    I've done many insurance claims over the years.  It makes it much
easier since the adjuster has probably never seen a tower  claim before. I charge
$100 for an estimate since I spend time putting it  together. I've never
had one rejected and only had one question from an  adjuster ("How come you
charge so much?"). The adjuster is happy enough just  to get a credible
estimate since their job is to get the claim closed ASAP.

Don't submit it yourself - you'll  probably leave out lots of stuff that
has to be done and paid for.

    Have your friend get ahold of me.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC