[TowerTalk] Preforms

Dick Green WC1M wc1m73 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 15:41:52 PDT 2011

Preforms are an industry-standard product that doesn't loosen up over time
if correctly sized and installed. You must have had the wrong size,
defective grips, or they weren't installed correctly. I've got a friend with
preforms on his tower and they haven't loosened up in 20 years. Mine show no
sign of loosening up, either. Personally, I think grips are far superior to
cable clamps, which can deform the cable, can be installed incorrectly and
the screws can loosen up over time.

73, Dick WC1M