[TowerTalk] Which type of cable for a crank-up tower?

Julio Peralta jperalta4 at verizon.net
Thu Dec 1 14:37:15 PST 2011

The problem with stainless steel cable is that in the same size as
galvanized cable it is not as strong and second if left bent in the same
position it tends to remember the curve around the sheaves  and the winch
drum. I guess in the case of an aluminum tower the weight of the sections
may not be heavy enough to cause the cable to take a set but certainly with
a heavy steel tower  it would be.

Julio, W4HY