[TowerTalk] Which type of cable for a crank-up tower?

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Fri Dec 2 09:12:24 PST 2011

>  There's such a thing as dry lube, used on motorcycles. It's designed  to
lubricate the drive chain but stay dry so as not to attract dirt  and
particles, which then attracts water.

>  Would something like that be a consideration for a tower  cable?

     There may be many suitable cable lubricants.  I'm only going by what
wire rope manufacturers have told me. As long as it is  basically a light oil
that soaks into the strands and doesn't leave a sticky  coating on the
surface, it's probably just fine.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH