[TowerTalk] Tower and / or property

Kevin Normoyle knormoyle at surfnetusa.com
Thu Dec 8 15:51:48 PST 2011

Value is what someone would pay for it.
I can't imagine another ham paying more than $10k for any existing used tower
setup (which is probably in very used condition)
on the other end, it might be worth -$10k due to the cost of teardown and repair
to original conditions.

So given a possible -$10k to $10k effect on the price of a house, I can't see
how a tower adds any value.

I would think the best possible scenario is to tear it all down. If the next
person wants it, it won't cost more than $5k to put it back up.

It's kind of liking having a used car in the driveway, and hoping the next owner
wants it and will pay something for it.

Or the expensive chandeliers you love inside.

Is there anyone here who pay more than $10k for an existing tower or towers
setup, when they would buy a house?

Me, I would expect that the seller (ham) is overvaluing the tower, and gouging
me on the price. Because I bet he wouldn't admit it's not worth more than $10k.

Cost to replace is not the issue here. See, as buyer, I know there's not many
others that put value on it. So the tower has low market value.
(free would be reasonable, for instance).

-kevin
ad6z