[TowerTalk] Rohn HDBX 49' Tower

Gary Johnson garywy0v at msn.com
Mon Dec 12 06:15:40 PST 2011

My HDBX-48 has horizontal braces on the top section.  Two of us put it up
with no gin pole.  We lifted each section with a rope and set them in place
by hand.  The first two sections were heavy, but not too bad after that.

I know for sure I have exceeded the recommended load.  KLM KT-34A
4 Element 6 Meter Yagi
2 x 12 Element 2 Meter Yagis
22 Element 432MHz Yagi.

I bought the tower new and it has held up very well for over 10 years.  The
only problem I have had was a bent mast from a 98 mph downburst a few years
ago.

Gary - WY0V