[TowerTalk] Frestanding Dipole Support - inexpensive

Rick Scott w7psk at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 12 08:08:57 PST 2011

I have a limited lot and want to try to put up a 160 loaded Dipole I have.  In the front of the lot I have a 35-40 tree I can use (Yes I know NVIS, But only looking at 160m States) but in the back I have nothing to hold up the other end with.  I have a Chain link meeting a Wood fence back there, but what ever I use must be free standing.  Dont think it has to be that high maybe 20ft or so.

I have a 25ft Push up flag pole in the front yard that would be ideal. It holds a 4x6 flag  really well even with the huge winds we had recently. However, I dont think the wife would like me moving it to the back yard.  Plus the expense precludes me getting another one, after the 746pro and the steppir the ham budget is spent :).

So Im down to asking for ideas of what i could use thats

A. easy to assemble
B. Relatively Cheap.

Ideas to ponder are welcome

Scotty W7PSK