[TowerTalk] Cost effectivel Tower height

K8RI K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu Dec 15 16:53:23 PST 2011

On 12/15/2011 5:19 PM, Bob K6UJ wrote:
> wow,   I will sell mine with a 50% discount for $500.00   hihi
>
> Bob
> K6UJ
>

> On Dec 15, 2011, at 10:57 AM, larryjspammenot at teleport.com wrote:
>
>> I looked over on Amazon.com for the latest ARRL Antenna Book, so I can get a copy of HFTA to run the numbers for my QTH. They usually have much better prices than the ARRL site. I recently ordered their Tower Book, since the ham stores were out of stock at all locations when I checked, and picked it up from Amazon at a very reduced price with free shipping.
>>
>> But looking for the antenna book, I see that they have a copy of it for $999.99, plus shipping!
That is not the latest edition. Note the printing date of 2007.  They
must think it's a collectors edition<:-))
I have a number of them, but not so sure I have the 2007 edition.

Now if any one has a mint copy of the "Green" handbook. That's the one
that fell apart due to poor binding. I had two of them. The first fell
apart and was replaced. I don't know what happened to the second.  It
was probably lost along with a lot of other books when I left
Breckenridge (MI) around 1980.

73

Roger (K8RI)