[TowerTalk] Rotatorplate

K8RI K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sat Dec 17 07:09:09 PST 2011

On 12/17/2011 5:41 AM, Mika Liimatainen wrote:
> I mean the hole which is the highest pic.
>
> http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/cmwrotor&bearingplates.htm

Now I understand. Unfortunately the answer is "BIG" The diameter of the
bottom plate shown in photo 21 on http://www.rogerhalstead.com/Gears.htm
   is just over 5 1/8" or 13.2 cm in diameter.  I believe the new
versions are the same size or very close to it.
The diameter of the rotator base is 8" (20.32 cm) with a bolt circle of
6 1/2" (16.51 cm).  You would need to enlarge the hole in that plate to
over double the stock size just to get the rotator bottom plate through
it.  IE from about 5 cm to 13.2 cm for the stock tower top plate.

IF OTOH you developed an alternative mounting you could probably mount
the entire direction pot assembly below the plate although that could be
a bit difficult as the pot mounts on that large base plate shown in
photo 21 and couples to the rotator output shaft via a shallow slot in
the end of the shaft and and a pin through the shaft of the pot.  If you
have access to the machine tools you could fabricate a new mounting
system for the pot

Typical though is to have to remove the rotator to get at the pot.

73

Roger (K8RI)