[TowerTalk] Harbor Freight Winch

N2TK, Tony tony.kaz at verizon.net
Tue Dec 20 05:11:14 PST 2011

I have been using the W200-5 for about 32 years without any problems to tilt
over 80' Rohn 45 with up to 300 lbs. of antennas on top with a 32' mast -
24' sticking out of the tower. I use a very large pulley on the end of 40'
of Rohn 45 gin pole to run the cable up to the gin pole and back to the
winch mount to increase the capacity.  The gin pole is permanently attached
to the tower hinge base.
I use a very heavy duty 3/4" drill motor with a homemade adapter  to fit
over the pinned shaft of the winch and clamp in the jaws of the drill motor
to raise and lower the tower.
This seems to be a high quality winch.

http://www.wintech-winches.com/Hand_Winches/shur_worm_winches.htm

73 and Merry Christmas,