[TowerTalk] Buying Quality

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Thu Dec 22 12:24:14 PST 2011

All you need to know about the eHam reviews that that the Tak-tenna garners a 4.6/5.  For those that don't know, the Tak-tenna is basically a reactive dummy load that causes the feedline to radiate, thus forming an "antenna".

Al's rule: People are stupid and they rarely admit mistakes, even to themselves.  Because of this, 99% of positive reviews are rubbish at best.  For every factual positive review, there are a dozen or more that are either deliberately misleading or written by someone so dense they wouldn't recognize an objective fact if it crawled out of their butt and bit them on the cheek.

Since it's Christmastime, you may have noticed an especially charitable view of my fellow man on my part.....

I always read the negative reviews for consistency.  Idiots are even more motivated to share their experiences with others than the positive variety.  An outlier may be just that, but when you read the same problem from multiple sources and you're sure it's not due to a misapplication, assume it's for real.

Al
AB2ZY