[TowerTalk] Tower Legs

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Thu Dec 22 17:11:21 PST 2011

If that's the case, why do we use UFERS?  Same concept.  Just  wondering.

Bill K4XS

In a message dated 12/23/2011 12:58:34 A.M. Greenwich Standard Time,
wa8jxm at gmail.com writes:

On  Dec 22, 2011, at 2:18 PM, David Gilbert wrote:

> I put up an An  Wireless HD-70 tower and exothermically welded some
> ground wires to  the base section before it was embedded in the concrete,
> figuring  that down there (roughly four feet below the surface of the
> concrete)

Poor choice AFAIK.   My understanding is that if the  tower gets takes a
heavy hit by lightning, the wire could vaporize and crack  the concrete.

Ken  WA8JXM

TowerTalk  mailing  list
TowerTalk at contesting.com