[TowerTalk] Elevated vertical

Ken wa8jxm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 08:15:43 PST 2011

Paul,

I think you forgot to differentiate between the actual SWR and what a meter may read  ;-)

Just because a meter says the SWR is 5:1, doesn't necessarily mean it is so.  A meter at different points may indicate a different SWR, but that may not be the actual circumstance.

Besides, where did you get an SWR meter for a 600 ohm balanced line?   ;-)    Inquiring minds want to know!  LOL

My Christmas wish for all:  May Santa bring you an 80 m open wire fed dipole on a pair of 60' towers with plenty of open wire line, and a quality balanced auto-tuner and then we can end these discussions!  LOL.  (j/k)    Yeah, I know, for the real hams, it has to be a rotatable dipole on a 90' tower.

73 es Merry Christmas to all,

Ken WA8JXM