[TowerTalk] Used Heliax ?

F5vjc foxfive.vjc at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 08:44:36 PST 2011

I'm thinking to buy some used Heliax locally. I have a couple of
offers, one is LDF4-50 which I am familiar with, the other is LDF1-50
which I am not. I have of course looked these up on the net and can
find and compare the specs of both.

This is for an HF only installation (up to 50 MHz) 150 feet in length
so losses are not my major concern. However in general is there
anything to watch out for when buying used Heliax of any type? I
believe it is Andrews.
The LDF 4-50 will come with N type connectors so that is a plus, is
the LDF1-50 any use in this application?

Any advice please?

73 Deni
F5VJC