[TowerTalk] tennis ball launcher

John Hudson jd_hudson at comcast.net
Mon Dec 26 09:47:24 PST 2011

Several of us locally built the W4SSY
http://image2.rcuniverse.com/forum/upfiles/450094/Yw66977.pdf . Now it does
not use tennis balls, we like to call them "BULLETS" but works really well.
If you get two or more to build with you, the cost goes down considerable.
If you have to buy at LOWES or HOME DEPOT type place you will have a lot of
left over materials!

I made a few "bullets" and loaded one with some sand for weight. I use a
cheap ($20) large open face reel from wallie world and use 30# line. While I
do not have 100' trees, I believe this will do the trick. At FD we use them
and clear 60' with ease

As for as safety... YOU ARE SHOOTING A OBJECT THROUGH A BARREL UNDER INTENSE
PRESSURE... IT IS A DANGEROUS TOOL!!!!! Be a safety minded adult.

FIRE IN THE HOLE

73
John
KO4XJ