[TowerTalk] TX-472 and Ice

Dan Bookwalter n8dcj at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 1 05:45:40 PST 2011

I went out this morning to crank the tower down for the pending Ice storm , the
problem is that the top section is stuck , i got lucky i was cranking away and
looked up and saw about 10-12 feet of cable hanging out the side of the tower ,
which scared me to death , i quickly cranked it back up before the top section
broke loose , my question is with nothing on top of the tower except a wire
antenna , will the tower handle up to a 1/2 inch of ice when it is extended to
about 60-65 feet ? i don't think we are supposed to get any major wind just
sleet and ice.

thoughts.....

Dan N8DCJ