[TowerTalk] Musing on G5RVs, baluns et al......

John Geiger aa5jg at fidmail.com
Wed Feb 2 19:44:48 PST 2011

I agree with Barry's observations as well.  I have worked some decent DX
with less than perfect matches. Worked my first C5 on 80 meters with a 3.5:1
SWR.  My only question about the balun was to minimize the radiation from
the coax portion of the feedline.  I have gotten some good ideas from this
discussion as to the balun to use.

73s John AA5JG