[TowerTalk] [SteppIR] 80 mtr dipole spacing above Steppir

jcowens1 at comcast.net jcowens1 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 8 15:29:51 PST 2011

I would do the arrangement of the 3 antennas differently. I currently have  a HyGain TH-11 at the bottom of a 20ft mast and a 2el shorty forty at the top of this mast. Until recently, I had a Force 12 EF-180C 80M rotating dipole  (83 ft long) in the middle between these 2 antennas. The 80M antenna was mounted in line with the booms of the other 2 antennas per their recommendations. I never experienced any noticeable interactions between the 3 antennas. I think there is good reason to get the 40M antenna as high as possible. These antennas are mounted on a 72ft US Tower (HDX572MDPL).

BTW, you probably will find that the 80M rotating dipole also works very well on 30M. Mine got me more countries on 30M than it did on 80M.

John Owens -  N7TK

Celebrating over 50 Years in Ham Radio
No. 1 Honor Roll