[TowerTalk] [SteppIR] 80 mtr dipole spacing above Steppir

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Tue Feb 8 20:27:22 PST 2011

> Those considering stacking might check out Tennadyne's Antenna Fact's
> #5 Multiple Antennas on the Same Mast. A good techincal basis that
> winds up about where you would guess you should want to be.

Unfortunately, the Tennadyne Antenna Fact #5 has a significant error.
It calculates the Gain factor "G" using dBd and not dBi.  Using dBd
understates the gain factor by 2.1 dB (or about 60%).  That makes a
difference of about 16% in the final "radius" which could be fairly
significant with high gain antennas.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV