[TowerTalk] New Tower Old Base

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Wed Feb 9 10:43:50 PST 2011

In addition to blowing out the dust, a good steel or brass brush should
be used to clean the compacted dust from the barrel of the hole after
drilling.

Blow out the hole, brush vigorously, blow out, repeat.

Rotary hammer drill bits are available up to 36" long, longer than any
likely need for an anchor.  There is a bit with a tip designed for going
thru rebar as well as concrete.  $66 for a 1.125 x 17" depth capacity.
http://www.coastaltool.com/bosch/hammer_bits_spline.htm

Most rental shops will rent the hammer drill but only sell the bits, for
obvious reasons.

Grant  KZ1W