[TowerTalk] Crimp-on PL259

Mike nf4l at nf4l.com
Fri Feb 11 12:27:36 PST 2011

As part of my tower refurbishment I'm giving crimp connectors (NOT clamp) a try. The
first 3 went really smoothly.

No. 4 however had a problem. When I squeezed the crimper, it was like trying to crush
a ground rod. The sleeve was barely deformed. Crimping further away from the body,
over the coax jacket, was normal, but not where it should be.

The coax is Buryflex, and the connector fit it well. All the connectors were ordered
at the same time, and the ones I have left seem to be the same diameters.

Anybody have an idea what I ran into?

73, Mike NF4L