[TowerTalk] shut fed tower and rotator

Diane and Edward Swynar deswynar at xplornet.ca
Sun Feb 13 11:00:15 PST 2011

Hi Gary,

I've never shunt-fed my tower here (it's a 48' self-supporter, with a Hygain
TH3 atop it), however, when I first installed it, the rotator needle would
"dance" in sync with my QRO 160-meter CW transmissions into an inverted "L"
50' away from the tower...

Now, this may (or may not) work for you, but what I did to stop the needle
jumping like this was to simply COIL the EXCESS rotator control cable just
ahead of the basement window that it was coming into.

If that doesn't do the trick for you, try installing 0.001-ufd. disc ceramic
bypass capacitors to ground, at those terminals in back of your control box
that carry the meter "signal" from the rotator itself.

Let us know how you might make out!

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ