[TowerTalk] Antenna ID ??

W1JCW W1JCW at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 20 19:56:37 PST 2011

Hey guys -

I picked up an old school antenna and I am trying to ID it so I can find a
manual or figure out how to set up a trap it has.

Its 32' long and all 1/4" wall aluminum with a large cap hat diameter of 4'.

They don't build them like this any more.

At the base there is a coil assembly with individual sections with three
wipers that are adjustable.
Very cool design, I figure this acts like an UNUN.

I have put my analyzer on it and can see the center freq change when I move
the wipers.

I cannot tell if each wiper controls each band which would only be 20m, 40m
and 80m.
If I move these the center freq may change for the other bands but I need to
play more with it.

I have some good pics so if you have an idea or want to see it I will email
them. If there is a location I can
up load pics let me know where.

Thanks.

73-