[TowerTalk] RF current in REF + DIR ..how much ?

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 3 08:03:25 PST 2011

Al Williams wrote:
> I am surprised that YO or 4nec2 don't include actual current measurement
> in the parasitic elements. EZNEC includes a table of current amplitude and
> phase for each segment of each element. However the phase reference is
> not stated anywhere that I know about. The phase angle in the table could
> be phase of current to voltage or phase of the parasitic to the driven
> element
> which, it seems to me, must be known to be useful. I will appreciate if any
> can answer what the phase is reference to.
>
> PS what is meant by "REF + DIR" ?
>
> k7puc

Don't know about YO, but 4nec2 definitely has segment currents.

The phase reference is the same as the reference for the excitation
voltages.  Typically you want to know relative phases for elements, so
you have to look at the difference.

I haven't looked it up recently, but I assume that the phase of the
fields data is relative to the center of the coordinate system.