[TowerTalk] Ground Radial Project

Kinney John-R17512 R17512 at freescale.com
Thu Jan 13 14:28:34 PST 2011

Hi Tony,

If you would like to do some reading about this subject, you can go to www.antennasbyn6lf.com.  Rudy has conducted several experiments on the length of radials verses the number of radials verses elevated radials verses buried radials verses length of vertical etc, etc.  Lots of information with charts and graphs.  It is not meant to be the story to end all stories, but it gives the reader plenty of information for starting their own experiments.  The article I read was in QST sometime last year, maybe March or April....  I decided to try 32 radials, 33 feet long, buried (laying on the ground), under a 5 band trapped vertical.  Seems to work great for me.  I may try more radials in the future to see what happens.

Have you considered selling off some of that wire????

Whatever you do, have fun doing it...

John Kinney
KA7CVJ

Message: 1