[TowerTalk] With utilities you never know

r miles greenacres113 at charter.net
Sat Jan 15 20:03:52 PST 2011

When I was in IL my clay  waste pipe  to the sewer system clogged with
roots.  When the contractor dug to replace it with PVC my yard flooded.
The incoming  city water line was wrapped around the waste pipe.
The old 'Ma Bell' marked my line & told me it was 3' down. We dug a 10''
hole for a plant &  cut the line.
Here in Tn if you  ruin  some utility without calling you pay all costs
for repair.
NEVER dig without calling them out for a mark.
My sons in laws found out their septic tank  was under a concrete
driveway.
Assume the worst with utilities but never, never dig without calling.
The danger & costs could be fatal.
k9il