[TowerTalk] Need help identifying an old tri-bander

Rroger (K8RI on TowerTalk) k8ri-on-towertalk at tm.net
Mon Jan 17 06:08:03 PST 2011

On 1/16/2011 11:23 PM, Jim W7RY wrote:
> Sounds like a Cushcraft ATB-34. They were just discussed at length here on
> the reflector. Including a link for the manual.
>
> Do a search at the tower talk archives and the manual link should pop up. Or
> Google ATB-34 and you'll probably find it.
IIRC my ATB43 had 3 elements with traps and a single 10 meter reflector
with no traps.

I do remember the driven element went into a phenolic tube which was
held in place by two 1/4-20 SS round head screws.  These screws also
served as the electrical contacts to the driven element from the balun.
  The leads from the balun (bout 1/4" wide Al strap) were held between
two SS nuts on those same 1/4-20 SS screws.

I remember that driven element well as that was a weak point for bad
connections.  About once every two years the antenna would get flaky.
All I had to do was tighten those screws and it'd go back to working find.

73

Roger (K8RI)